Subject: HOBO weather stations

HOBO weather stations

From: Mario Galea <mariopgalea>
Date: Thursday, December 18, 2003
I would be grateful if anyone could furnish me with their experience
with regard to the service rendered from a HOBO weather station in
particularly harsh environments close to the sea.

I intend to acquire and instal a HOBO weather station on some of our
remote sites and would welcome persons who have used this instrument
to share their experience.

What should I look out when installing such an instrument in such
harsh environments? How would the sensors cope with sea salt NaCl
aerosol in particular? Can anyone recommend alternative instruments
which may be particularly more adapted to the type of environments
mentioned?

Mario Galea
Senior Conservator
Museum of Archaeology