Subject: Blood

Blood

From: Nuala Maguire <nmaguire>
Date: Friday, December 5, 2003
I have been recently asked if I could test for blood on the remains
of a very corroded iron object (we know when it was found it was
with human remains) and would like to hear from anyone who has
carried out such tests. I have read the DistList archives, my
concern is that it is blood on corroded iron, and the spot test with
benzidene (the only suitable test I could find) is banned in UK
except for specially licensed labs.

    **** Moderator's comments: For those who are new to the list,
    there was rather extensive discussion about tests for blood, but
    primarily on organics

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 16, 2003