Subject: Acryloid B72

Acryloid B72

From: Valery Monahan <valery.monahan>
Date: Friday, December 12, 2003
Vera Espinola-Beery <icona [at] verizon__net> writes

>I used to have a supplier for B-72, but they went out of business. I
>need some both for myself (St. Petersburg, Florida) and for Eagle
>River, Alaska. Can you give me a source?

My lab is located in Whitehorse, Yukon. I buy quite a lot of
supplies from

    Bury Media and Supplies
    Burnaby, B.C. (just outside of Vancouver)
    604-431-1964
    Fax: 604-431-1930
    info [at] rbury__com

They don't have a huge selection of adhesives and consolidants, but
they do sell Acryloid B-72 resin pellets (they use the
British/European term Paraloid B-72)  and a prepared B-72 lacquer
for accessioning. They also have a useful selection of archival
storage materials, and general conservation/collection supplies.
They are quick and their staff is very helpful. They are a Canadian
distributor for University Products. So, if you have that catalogue,
you can check what Bury Media can supply for you.

You might contact Scott Carrlee <scott_carrlee [at] eed__state__ak__us> at
the Alaska State Museum. If there is anyone in the state selling
conservation supplies, a local conservator will know. If no one is,
Bury Media would be your closest option.

Valery Monahan
Conservator
Cultural Services Branch
Dept. of Tourism and Culture