Subject: Christmas tree in museum

Christmas tree in museum

From: Jan-Erik Bergh <jeb>
Date: Sunday, December 14, 2003
Karen Potje <kpotje [at] cca__qc__ca> writes

>Do we risk bringing harmful insect pests into our museum if we allow
>a real Christmas tree to be placed in a non-collections area for one
>week this year?

As Mary-Lou writes, the risk of bringing pest insects into the
museum in this way is minimal. There will be mostly spiders
spreading from the tree. There is a small risk that dead insects
will be food for dermestids, but a careful cleaning will eliminate
also this problem. Wishing you a Merry Christmas,

Jan-Erik Bergh
PRE-MAL

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 16, 2003