Subject: Designing a conservation facility

Designing a conservation facility

From: Aleksandra Dzikic-Nikolic <alexn>
Date: Monday, December 1, 2003
I'm a collaborator of the Centre for Conservation in National Museum
Belgrade, currently working on a preparatory project of a new
building for the Centre. This is a great opportunity, for the first
time in our country, to establish modern and fully equipped
institution for protection of cultural heritage. So I would like to
ask if anyone know of any source of information (books, reports and
papers, Internet sites) considering working standards, conditions
and equipment most suitable for museum conservation workshops and
laboratories. The Centre should house the facilities needed for
analyses and conservation of all kinds of archaeological objects,
ethnographic objects, works of art and books. Any piece of
information would be of a great help.

Aleksandra Dzikic-Nikolic, conservator
DIANA Centre for Preventive Conservation, National Museum Belgrade

                Distributed: Thursday, December 4, 2003