Subject: X-ray film

X-ray film

From: Ellen Pearlstein <epearlstein>
Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2003
I am doing an informal survey of types of x-ray films (brand and
film number) used by colleagues to x-ray paintings, sculptures, and
objects in general. At the Brooklyn Museum of Art we have been using
Kodak Industrex M, which we understand is being phased out. It is
packaged as "Ready Pack" and so can be handled in full light.  At
the x-ray course at Bradford University taught by Sonia O'Connor, we
used Agfa D4, which is packaged as sheet film. I'd be interested in
hearing from colleagues who might know also know if there is a
source that compares different films in terms of image resolution
and archival stability.

Ellen Pearlstein

                Distributed: Thursday, December 4, 2003