Subject: Postage stamps

Postage stamps

From: Ron Negus <ronnegus>
Date: Monday, November 17, 2003
Elly Pouwels <ellypouwels [at] erfgoedbrabant__nl> writes

>After not finding any recent report on either CoOL or AATA web sites
>about the storage of postage stamps I would like to ask: What are
>the latest views on the storage of postage stamps in Melinex
>sleeves? Is the adhesive an argument for not using these?

I would suggest a visit to the site
<URL:http://www.stamps.org/care/pcpm.htm> might be of interest.

This site is the home of a group within the American Philatelic
Society that is collating relevant details on the 'Preservation and
Care of Philatelic Materials', and includes information about the
use of various plastic materials for storage.

Ron Negus
Hon. Archivist
Royal Philatelic Society, London

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 26, 2003