Subject: Account books and ledgers

Account books and ledgers

From: Rob Ridgen <rridgen>
Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2003
I am planning a seminar on the history, technology and conservation
of ledger books, journals and account books.  I would like to focus
on stationery bindings made during the 17th through 19th centuries,
in Europe and North America.  So far, I haven't had much luck
finding much that has been written on this topic.

Can anyone tell me where I can find information on this topic, for
this time period?  Even suggestions as to where to look would be
greatly appreciated.

Rob Ridgen
Master's of Art Conservation (Research) student
Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada

                 Distributed: Friday, November 14, 2003