Subject: Couriers

Couriers

From: Tina Marshall <tina>
Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2003
Kate Woollett <katew [at] artgallery__wa__gov__au> writes

>Here at the Art Gallery of Western Australia conservation staff are
>currently reviewing procedures for couriering works of art
>interstate and overseas.  We are interested in what policies other
>institutions have instigated, what training couriers receive and
>which staff members travel with the works (i.e. is it always a
>conservator?).  We would like to hear from other institutions as we
>are trying to establish what is the current practice out there in
>the real world.

The Institute of Paper Conservation's Part and Parcel Conference
held in 2002 covered this subject in some detail.  Some of the
papers from the conference are now published in the latest issue,
volume 27, of the Paper Conservator.  Copies are available from the
IPC office at UKP12 for IPC members and UKP50 for non-members plus
postage and packing.

Tina Marshall
Administrator
Institute of Paper Conservation