Subject: Window films

Window films

From: Gregg Grunow <virginiana>
Date: Monday, November 3, 2003
Our special collection room has very large windows, which look nice,
but are undoubtedly letting in too much sunlight.  I wish to submit
a proposal to have plastic window film applied.  Does anyone on the
list have experience with 3M Scotch tint or the Llumar product?  Are
there other film products which may be superior to these?  I am
trying to gather numerical data to support my proposal, is there a
measurement for acceptable visible light limits now?

Gregg Grunow, Librarian
Martha Woodroof Hiden Virginiana Room
Newport News Public Library System

                 Distributed: Monday, November 3, 2003