Subject: Internships at London Metropolitan Archives Position at London Metropolitan Archives

Internships at London Metropolitan Archives Position at London Metropolitan Archives

From: Helen Lindsay <helen.lindsay>
Date: Wednesday, October 29, 2003
3 Conservation Internships
London Metropolitan Archives
(full time, fixed term 18 months)
Salary: JE3 (UKP16,810-19,720)

and

1 Project Supervisor/Trainer
London Metropolitan Archives
(full time, fixed term 18 months)
Salary: JE4 (UKP18,820-22,190)

London Metropolitan Archives
<URL:http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/lma> is the largest local
government archive repository in the United Kingdom and following a
successful bid to the Heritage Lottery Fund, we are looking for 3
enthusiastic, self-motivated conservation graduates and 1 project
supervisor/trainer to carry out our 'London's Theatreland' project.

This exciting and innovative project provides an opportunity to take
part in a structured training programme in the conservation of
architectural plans. Over a period of 18 months the interns and
project supervisor will treat over 3,000 plans from 27 London
Victorian West End theatres.  Internships are open to recent paper
conservation graduates.  The project supervisor will have previous
experience of working on architectural plans, a proven record of
project management and training with a minimum of three years post
qualification experience.  Further information from

    Helen Lindsay
    Principal Conservator
    +44 20 7332 3827

Application form from:

    Admin, LMA
    40 Northampton Road
    London EC1R OHB
    LMA [at] corpoflondon__gov__uk
    +44-20-7332 3837

giving your full postal address or telephone. CVs alone will not be
considered and applications must be submitted as paper copies.

Closing date: November 17, 2003.  Interviews: November 25-26, 2003

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 29, 2003