Subject: Freezers and freeze-drying facilities

Freezers and freeze-drying facilities

From: Sue Dunlap <sdunlap>
Date: Monday, October 27, 2003
A group of five colleges in Ohio are wondering if there are any
state-wide or consortial facilities in other states for freezing or
freeze-drying books that have been in a disaster.  We know there are
companies who will come in and take care of this type of emergency,
but we were discussing the idea of a small facility within our
consortium or our state that would be available to libraries as will
as historical societies, archives, etc.

Sue Dunlap
Preservation Manager
College of Wooster Libraries