Subject: Couriers

Couriers

From: Kate Woollett <katew>
Date: Tuesday, October 28, 2003
Here at the Art Gallery of Western Australia conservation staff are
currently reviewing procedures for couriering works of art
interstate and overseas.  We are interested in what policies other
institutions have instigated, what training couriers receive and
which staff members travel with the works (i.e. is it always a
conservator?).  We would like to hear from other institutions as we
are trying to establish what is the current practice out there in
the real world.

Kate Woollett and Vanessa Roth
Conservation
Art Gallery of Western Australia