Subject: Call for papers--AIC Research and Technical Studies

Call for papers--AIC Research and Technical Studies

From: Alison Murray <am26>
Date: Monday, October 20, 2003
Call for Papers
RATS Session
2004 American Institute for Conservation (AIC) Annual Meeting
Portland, Oregon
June 13, 2003

The topic for this year's RATS (Research and Technical Studies)
session at the AIC meeting will be:  "Light and Light Fading: Causes
and Effects."  We believe that this topic will appeal to both
conservators and scientists, and has the scope to be practical or
theoretical.  Papers could cover related topics such as:  museum
lighting and gallery implications, colour monitoring and materials
analysis, treatment techniques and issues, and protection
strategies.  We are asking for abstracts (300 words) and brief
author biographies by November 15, 2003

Alison Murray
Art Conservation Program
Queen's University