Subject: Moving companies

Moving companies

From: Rachael Arenstein <arensteinr>
Date: Friday, October 17, 2003
Barbara Appelbaum <aandh [at] mindspring__com> writes

>We are working  on a museum construction project in which some
>collections will have to be moved.  We are looking for moving firms
>experienced in dealing with museum collections so that we can
>produce a list of pre-qualified bidders.  The museum is in the
>northeastern United States.

I am posting this information on behalf of a colleague not on the list.

    The head of the NMAI Move Project's packing department
    recommends that anyone planning a collections move consider ELY
    <URL:http://elyinc.com/>. It is not immediately apparent from
    the web site, but the company is comprised of the core
    individuals responsible for many of the biggest and the best
    projects completed by Fine Arts Express before it went out of
    business.  This group has managed many significant projects, and
    done so with an extremely high level of quality.  It is the
    nature of the art services business that a few key individuals
    make the reputation of a company and the experienced individuals
    at ELY are widely known in the art transport profession as
    having trained many of the best craters, packers and installers
    in the business.  The contact info for both Bruce Lee or Rick
    Yamada of ELY is available on the website.

Rachael Perkins Arenstein
Conservator
National Museum of the American Indian
Research Branch