Subject: Polyethylene bags

Polyethylene bags

From: Susan Smyer <susan.smyer>
Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2003
I need to know if the cheap 2 mil polyethylene Ziploc bags that I've
found in storage supply catalogs are as archivally safe as the ones
that I have ordered previously from museum supply catalogs?  In
other words, is polyethylene the same from product to product?

    **** Moderator's comments: There has been some discussion of
    this topic in the past, so check the DistList archives at
    http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/cdl

Susan Smyer
Collections Manager
The Battleship TEXAS