Subject: Skin Deep

Skin Deep

From: David Lanning <dl>
Date: Wednesday, October 8, 2003
We are pleased to announce the publication of Skin Deep, vol.16,
Autumn 2003 at: <URL:http://www.hewit.com/skindeep.htm>

    The Silver Kelmscott Chaucer

        James Brockman tells the story of this most unusual binding,
        a collaborative work by Rod Kelly and himself.
        <URL:http://www.hewit.com/sd16-kc.htm>

    How to Modify a Spokeshave for Paring Leather

        A step-by-step guide for adapting your new spokeshave for
        paring leather. <URL:http://www.hewit.com/sd16-ss.htm>

    How to Make a Single Section Binding

        Following our decision to sell a 'beginners' pack of
        Bookbinding tools and materials we are now pleased to offer
        the newer bookbinders amongst you, a simple binding project
        to follow. <URL:http://www.hewit.com/sd16-sb.htm>

    A Short Binding Story

        Susan Allix recounts how she was inspired to bind 'The
        Golden Temple Mail' <URL:http://www.hewit.com/sd16-stry.htm>

And last, but not least, there are the usual regular features:

    'Product and Company News'
    <URL:http://www.hewit.com/sd16-comp.htm>

    'Study Opportunities'
    <URL:http://www.hewit.com/sd16-stdy.htm>

    'Dates for your Diary'
    <URL:http://www.hewit.com/sd16-date.htm>

A full PDF file of this edition (and back issues) of Skin Deep may
be downloaded from <URL:http://www.hewit.com/downloads.htm>. We hope
that you enjoy reading this offering of Skin Deep

David Lanning
Sales Director
J. Hewit and Sons Ltd.
Voicemail: +44 1494 435314