Subject: Units of measurement

Units of measurement

From: Roger C. Watson <rogercwatson>
Date: Friday, October 3, 2003
I have been told recently that the "museum world", whoever that is,
is switching from centimetres to millimetres in all official
records.  As this appears to be an unsubstantiated rumour I thought
I would put it to the group. When creating documents on artefacts,
do you record them in inches, cm, or mm?

Roger C Watson
Fox Talbot Museum
Lacock, Wiltshire
SN15 2LG