Subject: Mural

Mural

From: Saye Khajeian <khajeian>
Date: Thursday, October 2, 2003
We have a mural painting which had been treated by two conservators,
in the past and they left it unfinished. They covered its surface
with three layers of cloths to protect it from damage and did not
leave any documents that show what kind of material he used to stick
them. I suppose he had used Primal, Paraloid B72, and carpenter's
glue. The first layer is Primal 100% without any dilution with
water. Now I am trying to uncover the painting with ethanol and
acetone but it goes slow and hard. Is there anyone who can suggest a
better and faster way?

Saye Khajeian

                  Distributed: Monday, October 6, 2003