Subject: Low reflectance acrylic sheeting

Low reflectance acrylic sheeting

From: Jed Bark <jbark>
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2003
Paula Dredge <paulad [at] ag__nsw__gov__au> writes

>I have heard that there is now a low reflectance perspex available
>in the USA that is similar in its effect to the low reflectance
>glasses such as Mirogard. I have been unable to locate a supplier or
>manufacturer however. Can anyone help with information on a contact.

The product is made by Apogee Enterprises (TruVue) and is available
through

    Museum Glazing Services
    910-692-4283
    ernrob [at] earthlink__net

The acrylic sheet is .118 inches thick; size is 41 x 71 inches.
Unlike conventional acrylic, this coated sheet does not hold a
static charge (our informal tests showed it to be about equivalent
to glass in this respect). It costs about half as much as Mirogard.

Jared Bark
Bark Frameworks
New York City

                  Distributed: Monday, October 6, 2003