Subject: Low reflectance acrylic sheeting

Low reflectance acrylic sheeting

From: David Saunders <david.saunders>
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2003
Paula Dredge <paulad [at] ag__nsw__gov__au> writes

>I have heard that there is now a low reflectance perspex available
>in the USA that is similar in its effect to the low reflectance
>glasses such as Mirogard. I have been unable to locate a supplier or
>manufacturer however. Can anyone help with information on a contact.

A low-reflectance acrylic (Perspex) sheet is marketed under the name
'Optium' by Viratec (see:
<URL:http://www.viratec.com/pr_acrylic.html>). The web site offers
various data sheets on   the product which, if correct, suggest that
it is a good ultraviolet absorber, has reasonable anti-reflection
properties, and that the residual reflected light is purple (like
most anti-reflective products).

Dr David Saunders
Scientific Department
The National Gallery