Subject: Modified dextrine

Modified dextrine

From: Patricia Measures <triciameasures>
Date: Monday, September 29, 2003
Has anyone done any testing on Jade R sold by Talas or Hayaku gummed
Japanese hinging paper produced by Lineco.  I am trying to find
research information on these and other modified dextrine based
adhesive used in conservation.  In particular, I am looking for
anything pertaining to ageing, adhesive strength (surface strength),
water sensitivity, and reversibility.

Patricia Measures
Assistant Conservator
UCLA Fowler Museum of Cultural History