Subject: Albumen prints

Albumen prints

From: Becky Cameron <becky_ann_cameron>
Date: Saturday, September 27, 2003
I am currently preparing a treatment proposal for some albumen
prints. They have been adhered all over to poor quality paper (which
is not contemporary to them) and are creased from being unevenly
adhered. They would benefit from being removed from the backing
paper but they will likely curl, so I am currently thinking of
remounting them onto Japanese tissue of similar weight to the
prints.  Could anyone suggest an alternative that they think would
be preferable?

Becky Cameron
Paper Conservator
Christchurch, NZ