Subject: Cast polyester resin sculpture

Cast polyester resin sculpture

From: Barry Briggs <bbriggs>
Date: Friday, September 26, 2003
Does anyone have any suggestions, regarding adhesives that could be
used to repair a cast polyester resin sculpture/relief? The piece in
question has a large crack which needs to be stabilized, and many
hairline cracks that need consolidation. I am concerned about
compatibility between adhesive and resin, working properties and
clean up. I also need an adhesive with low viscosity. Any
suggestions would be appreciated,

Barry Briggs
Conservator
Sculpture and Paintings