Subject: Removing soft solder

Removing soft solder

From: Dietlinde Peeters <diet_linde>
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2003
I am preparing my final thesis at the Metal Conservation Department
in Antwerp, concerning "the problems associated with the past use of
tin-lead solder in the repair and restoration of gold objects". At
this stage, I am researching old and new recipes for removing soft
solders from gold and gold plated objects. Any references and
practical experiences with the removal of soft solders would be very
helpful to me. Also other articles, studies or persons to contact
which are related to the subject are very welcome.

Dietlinde Peeters
Student Conservation of Metals, Antwerp

                Distributed: Monday, September 29, 2003