Subject: Microscope sample mounting resin

Microscope sample mounting resin

From: Tobit Curteis <tc>
Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2003
I have been using a clear 2 part acrylic resin supplied by Trianti,
for mounting paint cross sections, for many years. The material is
extremely good, but has a relatively short shelf life. As I work
with only a limited number of samples, the resin tends to set in the
can and I end up throwing large amounts each time.

Has anyone come across a clear mounting resin that has a long shelf
life or is supplied in small sealed containers that can be opened
one at a time (rather than all in one go as is the case with a 1kg
can). If so names of UK suppliers/ importer would be very useful. In
addition has anyone had any experience with a 2 part methyl
methacrylate resin called Tensol 70?

Tobit Curteis
Tobit Curteis Associates
36 Abbey Road