Subject: Display cases

Display cases

From: Loren C. Pigniolo <misterpuerh>
Date: Friday, September 26, 2003
I have been asked to provide assistance in specifying materials for
free-standing display cases and a large custom wall unit (shelving,
storage, and display).  Both are replacements for architect-provided
units constructed chiefly of commercial particle board.  These units
will be used to display and house a wide variety of special
collections items--rare books, photographs, posters, and even metal
and wooden objects.

I can provide our architect with a basic list of materials and
coatings to avoid, and make some general suggestions.  However, it
would be extremely helpful to be able to suggest some suitable
manufacturers and suppliers.  I would appreciate any information you
might share.

    **** Moderator's comments: Please respond directly to the author
    and if of general interest post it here as well

Loren C. Pigniolo
Graduate Intern, Norman Y. Mineta Papers
San Jose State University Library

                Distributed: Monday, September 29, 2003