Subject: Extranets for conservation clients

Extranets for conservation clients

From: Sarah Lowengard <sarahl>
Date: Wednesday, September 10, 2003
I have been thinking recently about creating an online site through
which all my clients--research as well as art conservation--would
have greater access to information about our projects as they are
underway. Admission to specific areas would be limited to the
contractee and his/her designates, of course, as with other online
tracking systems. I might include work logs, pictures or drawings,
interim status assessments etc in a way that would enable discussion
of work concepts as well as technologies. I see this as an
opportunity, now that I use an almost paperless recordkeeping
system, to make the services I offer more transparent, and to build
awareness of issues and concerns from all sides of any project. I
would like to hear from others who have installed or are also
considering such systems, for whatever reason. Contact me offline if
you wish; I will summarize comments and any discussion for the
DistList about the second week of October.

Sarah Lowengard
New York City

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 16, 2003