Subject: Lining drawing on tracing cloth

Lining drawing on tracing cloth

From: Christine Cheffins <christinecheffins>
Date: Monday, September 8, 2003
Does anyone have any experience of lining drawings on tracing cloth?
I have three large (1m x 1m) drawings on very degraded tracing cloth
stuck down on to hardboard/masonite.  They will be mounted for
future display but are not physically strong enough to hinge along
the top edge.  I not happy about using an aqueous lining technique
because of fugitive pigments and also unsure of a cloth to japanese
paper lining.  Any suggestions?

Christine Cheffins
Paper Conservator
Chepstow Museum
Bridge Street
Chepstow
Monmouthshire NP16 5EZ
UK

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 10, 2003