Subject: FTIR spectra of organic pigments

FTIR spectra of organic pigments

From: Michael Whitbeck <michael.whitbeck>
Date: Friday, September 5, 2003
Sandrine Decoux <sandrine.decoux [at] nmgw__ac__uk> writes

>Two years ago I was forwarded an email sent to irusers-l members
>concerning a collection of FTIR reference spectra of organic
>pigments, which was part of an American Society for Testing and
>Materials (ASTM) project to develop a test method to identify
>organic pigments in artists' colored pencils (ASTM D01-1116*).

You might also look into IRUG
<URL:http://www.irug.org/spectral.asp>.

   "The Infrared and Raman Users' Group (IRUG) has been awarded a
    Type 3 Information Management grant by the National Center for
    Preservation Technology and Training (NCPTT), an office of the
    National Park Service (NPS).  The NCPTT grant will support the
    development and implementation of an Internet accessible version
    of the Infrared and Raman Users Group Spectral Database, which
    results from a continuing international collaboration
    administered by IRUG.  The one-year project will facilitate, for
    the first time, the large-scale web-based exchange of infrared
    and Raman data by scientists in the conservation and
    preservation fields. IRUG, an independent not-for-profit
    corporation, promotes the sharing of spectral data and technical
    expertise among conservation professionals studying the world's
    cultural heritage."

Dr. Michael Whitbeck
FM Global Research
1151 Boston-Providence Turnpike
Norwood MA 02062

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 10, 2003