Subject: FTIR spectra of organic pigments

FTIR spectra of organic pigments

From: James Martin <james.s.martin>
Date: Monday, September 8, 2003
Sandrine Decoux <sandrine.decoux [at] nmgw__ac__uk> writes

>Two years ago I was forwarded an email sent to irusers-l members
>concerning a collection of FTIR reference spectra of organic
>pigments, which was part of an American Society for Testing and
>Materials (ASTM) project to develop a test method to identify
>organic pigments in artists' colored pencils (ASTM D01-1116*).

Ninety-six infrared spectra of more than 50 organic pigments were
produced as part of the ASTM project to develop a test method to
identify organic pigments in artists' colored pencils (ASTM
D01-1116*). Based on my recommendation as the project's Principal
Investigator, the ASTM granted permission to distribute the spectra,
freely, to FTIR users who worked in the art conservation and
historic preservation communities. The spectra were offered to
analysts via Irusers-l, an internet listserv dedicated to discussion
about infrared spectroscopy of cultural materials, and were sent by
e-mail to respondents. I am pleased that new analysts, like
Sandrine, are still interested in the spectra and could find them
useful.

Please contact me directly about the spectra or Irusers-l using the
contact information that follows. If you e-mail and don't receive a
reply within a few days or a week, please write again to help ensure
your mail is received and read.

James Martin
Orion Analytical, LLC--A Materials Analysis and Consulting Firm
Box 550
Williamstown, MA 01267 USA
413-458-0233
Fax: 413-458-5542

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 10, 2003