Subject: Fome-Cor

Fome-Cor

From: Ben O'Loughlin <b.o'loughlin>
Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2003
Can someone please tell me suitability of using Fome-Cor as a
backing to parchment?

I am considering the replacement of two sets of brass-plaque honour
boards with framed calligraphy on parchment.  As the work will be
mounted onto 1cm-thick plaster board, I am keen to reduce the weight
as much as possible. The life of the work only needs to be 20 to 40
years, however I am concerned that the pH or chemical decomposition
of Fome-Cor may discolour the parchment.

Ben O'Loughlin
Archivist
The Alfred Hospital and Caulfield General Medical Centre
Commercial Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
Australia
+61 3 9276 2022
Fax: +61 3 9276 2424

                Distributed: Thursday, September 4, 2003