Subject: Storing leather objects

Storing leather objects

From: Karin von Lerber <karin.vonlerber>
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2003
A large collection of military leather items like map bags, belts,
saddles, girths, headgear, etc., are kept in hanging storage and
therefore prone to become damaged by their own weight and might
tear. As we are in the process of planning new storage facilities,
we would like to improve this situation. As flat storage is not
unproblematic either, we are wondering what would be good and
affordable alternatives for the storage of this type of objects.

Karin von Lerber and Joachim Huber
Prevart GmbH
Konzepte fur die Kulturgutererhaltung
Atelier fur Textilkonservierung