Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Rachael Arenstein <arensteinr>
Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2003
Glenn Wharton <gewharton [at] aol__com> writes

>Does anyone know of a datalogger and software that are designed
>specifically for Macintosh? ...

Onset computers, the company that manufacturers the Hobo loggers, do
have a no-warranty, limited support version of the BoxCar Pro
software for Mac. Their web site indicates that it operates most of
their Hobo logger line.  I have not used the Mac version of the
software but the web site gives more information.
    <URL:http://www.onsetcomp.com/Products/**
        Product_Pages/BoxCar_Pro_pages/4262_BCP40.html>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

If your storage facility has a reliable electrical power source and
an internet connection you might want to look into the Pinnacle
ID/TRH Internet logger.
<URL:http://www.pinnaclet.com./products/dataloggers/idtrh.html> This
would enable you to check the conditions in Turkey here in the USA.
The web site offers limited (virtually useless) graphic capability
for viewing conditions but the strength is that you can easily
examine and download the raw data.

Unfortunately most of the products that I examined for the
datalogger leaflet, such as the Gemini Tinyviews, ACRs, Dickson,
etc., only offer Windows software.

Rachael Perkins Arenstein
Conservator
National Museum of the American Indian