Subject: Securing chests of drawers

Securing chests of drawers

From: Vanessa Roth <vanessaroth>
Date: Monday, August 25, 2003
I imagine that in the last couple of years many conservators have
been involved in improving security in their institutions.  I am
interested in finding out what others have done to prevent visitors
from opening historic chests of drawers.  I have thought of
attaching magnetic 'baby locks' but this would mean drilling holes
on the inside of the drawers.  Are there any other less permanent
methods of securing drawers in an inconspicuous way?

Vanessa Roth
Objects Conservator
Art Gallery of Western Australia

                 Distributed: Tuesday, August 26, 2003