Subject: UV protection for art installation

UV protection for art installation

From: Devorah Sperber <devorahsperber>
Date: Monday, August 25, 2003
    **** Moderator's comments: This query comes from a person who is
    not on the DistList and will not see any responses that are
    posted here.  Please respond directly to sender and if of
    general interest post it here as well

I am an artist living and working in New York City
<URL:http://www.devorahsperber.com>. I have been commissioned as
part of "The Public Art Project of Puerto Rico," a major art
initiative promoted by the Governor of Puerto Rico, where over 90
public art projects and interventions will be integrated in urban
areas, train stations, parks, plazas, beaches and general
infrastructure.

My work will be installed in a train station (non climate controlled
with heat, humidity, salt air, and dust). My medium will be 80,000
spools of Coats and Clark thread. I need to find a product to spray
on or brush on the thread, which will provide UV protection and make
it possible to clean the thread periodically for a minimum of 10
years. The thread is cotton covered polyester spun onto plastic
cores. Ideally I'd like to find a coating with a satin finish  as
close as possible to the satin finish of the original thread.

I can email you a digital rendering of the work.

Devorah Sperber
3 Sheridan Square, #15D
New York, NY 10014
USA