Subject: Internship sought

Internship sought

From: Lisca Fockema Wurfbain <trof>
Date: Monday, August 18, 2003
    author.

I am a third year student in textile conservation at the Netherlands
Institute for Cultural Heritage (ICN) in Amsterdam. During this
study the students have to gain practical experience in textile
conservation by means of two internships (the first internship
should start January 2004), preferably one at a conservation
laboratory of a museum and one at a private conservation studio. It
is with this in mind that I approach you and your organisation.

My main interests are synthetic fabrics and their use in textiles.
This summer I carried out a four week literature survey on synthetic
fibres under the supervision of Ms. Thea van Oosten, conservation
scientist of the ICN. Does anyone know a good place for these
internships. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need additional
information.

Lisca Wurfbain

                 Distributed: Thursday, August 21, 2003