Subject: Museum Wax

Museum Wax

From: Dee A. Stubbs <dstubbs>
Date: Tuesday, August 19, 2003
Vera B. Espinola <icona [at] gte__net> writes:

>I've noticed that museum wax leaves an oily residue if in contact
>with paper and I'd like to try "sticky wax". Where is a source for
>"sticky wax"? I've tried my dentist, but he doesn't have it; I
>called an orthodontist, but they don't have it either.

I have also used orthodontic wax in place of "Museum Wax" to adhere
certain small items to shelves for exhibit. We have an occasional
vibration problem in our main exhibit area. I find the wax comes in
handy for reducing the "rattle" of lids on teapots and so forth in
our ceramics and glass exhibits. I have found no ill effects after
using small quantities of the wax on non-porous materials, and it is
quite inexpensive.

My supplier is:

    Ash Temple Dental Supplies
    P.O. Box 519