Subject: Hayle Mill

Hayle Mill

From: Simon Barcham Green <simongreen>
Date: Thursday, August 03, 2017
P J Livesey have now submitted a formal application for the
restoration of Hayle Mill and in particular they plan to reconstruct
the Mill House to its former glory following the recent fire.

I am writing to encourage anyone who would like to support the
application to email me and I will send you an information pack. The
Mill has been out of use for 16 years due to bureaucracy and
objection despite being one of the most highly designated industrial
buildings in Britain, the best preserved early 19th Century paper
mill and being a visual delight in the beautiful Loose Valley.

If positive proposals for its restoration are not agreed soon there
is little doubt that its days are numbered as the fire so tragically
illustrated. Fortunately more than 90% of the Mill was not burnt; it
could so easily have been a total loss.

I hope you can help and please copy this information to anyone else
who you think may want to voice their support.

Simon Green
1 Snapgate Cottage
Five Oak Lane
Staplehurst TN12 OHU