Subject: Security strips

Security strips

From: Beth Doyle <b.doyle>
Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2003
I'm investigating the single-strip magnetic security discs for CDs.
I'd like to know if anyone is using these as opposed to the
two-strip version, and whether you have had any complaints
concerning the balancing of the CD's when they are used. I'm aware
of the other preservation implications concerning the adhesives and
placement on the discs, but if you have other specific concerns I'd
like to hear about those as well.

Beth Doyle, Collections Conservator
Duke University Libraries
Perkins Library