Subject: Museum Wax

Museum Wax

From: W. T. Chase <tchase4921>
Date: Sunday, August 10, 2003
Vera B. Espinola <icona [at] gte__net> writes

>I've noticed that museum wax leaves an oily residue if in contact
>with paper and I'd like to try "sticky wax". Where is a source for
>"sticky wax"? I've tried my dentist, but he doesn't have it; I
>called an orthodontist, but they don't have it either. Thanks for
>your help,

    Benchmark supplies sticky wax.
    <URL:http://www.benchmarkcatalog.com/main-misc.htm>

    Here's their online catalog listing (under "Other" on their web
    site):

        Sticky Wax

            An inert white wax ... perfectly hygienic dental wax ...
            perfect for holding things where they belong--in mounts,
            directly to glass shelves, or for adhering loose object
            parts, such as a lid to a vase. Sold in handy 2-1/2 inch
            Strips, 1/8 inch diameter, (64 x 3.2mm diameter), 76
            strips per plastic box. A little bit goes a long way.
            $13.95

Sticky waxes are also listed on the Internet:

    A white "sticky wax"--might be cosmolloid microcrystalline
    <URL:http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/3734-AA.shtml>

    Mr. Mole's Sticky Wax for repairing and adhering candles
    <URL:http://www.pacwestserv.com/candleaccessories01.htm>

Test before using!

Tom Chase

                 Distributed: Thursday, August 14, 2003