Subject: Discolored paper

Discolored paper

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Friday, August 1, 2003
Marieke Kraan <kop.papierrestauratie [at] planet__nl> writes

>A few months ago, we received an piece of art (acrylic on paper) in
>our studio. The work on Fabriano paper was framed on plywood
>(Meranti) and fixed recto at the edges with water soluble tape.

You should address you question to Sylvia Rodgers Albro
<salb [at] loc__gov>. Sylvia has just given a wonderful paper at the AIC
meeting on the history of Fabriano papers and various aspects of
their manufacture and properties.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service