Subject: Call for papers--AIC Objects Specialty Group

Call for papers--AIC Objects Specialty Group

From: Alice Paterakis <alicepaterakis>
Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2003
Call For Papers
Objects Specialty Group (OSG) of the
American Institute for Conservation (AIC)

The 2004 AIC meeting in Portland, Oregon is coming up fast and now
is the time to start thinking about contributions. The meeting will
be held from June 9-14, 2004. The OSG intends to compliment the
General Session theme on Cleaning. We plan to hold a morning session
of 15-minute papers and are considering an afternoon session on tips
and demonstrations. The tips and demonstrations session in Arlington
in 2003 was so successful and well attended that we expect to draw
much interest in 2004. This will depend on your contributions!

Papers relating to the philosophy, ethics, history and mechanics of
cleaning are welcome. We are looking for papers and demonstrations
on all aspects of cleaning; in particular on methods such as
mechanical, chemical, enzymatic, laser, etc. with regard to the wide
range of materials to be removed: corrosion, salts, pollutants,
accretions, graffiti, etc. The afternoon session of tips and
demonstrations will be more informal and interactive than the
morning session of papers. We also encourage submissions that have
utilized conservation approaches and practices from other
specialties adapted to the needs of an objects conservation problem.

Anyone interested in submitting a paper for the morning session or a
tip or demonstration for the afternoon session can contact Alice
Paterakis, OSG Program Chair.

Please send an abstract of no more than 300 words by November 1,
2003, to:

    Alice Paterakis
    American School of Classical Studies
    54 Souidias St.,