Subject: Book cradles

Book cradles

From: Tony Kelly <tonyk>
Date: Tuesday, July 29, 2003
I'm currently looking at having a book cradle made to facilitate
digitising of bound volumes. Would anyone have plans for designs or
specifications they are willing to share? I'm certain there are
tried and tested designs of these devices. Alternatively if there is
some relevant info available on the web could you point me to it?

We are looking at a cradle that will adequately support a range of
book sizes, though nothing extraordinarily large. I'm particularly
interested in the correct angle to incorporate to minimise any
strain on the bindings whilst still holding the book open enough to
photograph.

Tony Kelly
Digital Lucida
478-480 Rathdowne Street