Subject: Water purity for masonry conservation

Water purity for masonry conservation

From: Jenn Cappeto <jcappeto>
Date: Monday, July 14, 2003
I would like to find information about water purity requirements for
a masonry conservation project.  There appear to be several articles
and past ConsDist postings on this topic for paper conservation, but
nothing in building conservation.  I have read a few conservation
articles that specify the need to use potable water, but that
deionized water is preferred.  Does anyone have more specific
recommendations for water quality in a masonry conservation regimen?

Jennifer Cappeto
Architectural Conservator
Jablonski-Berkowitz Conservation
40 West 27th Street, Suite 1201