Subject: Nitrile gloves

Nitrile gloves

From: Will Jeffers <wjeffers>
Date: Monday, July 7, 2003
Ellen Pearlstein <epearlstein [at] hotmail__com> writes

>Could you identify the brands of the gloves you tested?  Thanks.

I've tested ShieldMaster Purple Knight (Lot #'s 2313 S-2, 1358 S-2,
and a sample from an unidentified lot), Kimberly Clark Safeskin
Purple Nitrile (Lot # 30225-1B), and N-Dex 6005PFM (lot information
unrecorded).

Ongoing testing within this very limited sample indicates that there
is significant variation in test results among brands of chlorinated
nitrile gloves.  I wish to stress that these results are very
preliminary and by no means conclusive. I am sharing this
information with the DistList not as a recommendation or
contraindication of any specific brand of glove, but rather to
underscore the need for more testing in this area.

Will Jeffers
Collections Care Scientific Research Assistant
Scientific Research Laboratory
Museum of Fine Arts
465 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-5597