Subject: Nylon and firearms--corrigendum Shelving and earthquakes--corrigendum

Nylon and firearms--corrigendum Shelving and earthquakes--corrigendum

From: Walter Henry <consdist-request>
Date: Friday, June 27, 2003
In Conservation DistList Instance: 17:2 Thursday, June 19, 2003
Vasare Rastonis <vasare.rastonis [at] natlib__govt__nz> writes

>Could anyone recommend a method with which to prevent rare books
>from falling off of shelving in earthquake prone areas? ...

In Conservation DistList Instance: 17:5 Tuesday, June 24, 2003,
Gregor Trinkaus-Randall <gregor.trinkaus-randall [at] state__ma__us>
responded to the above query, but inadvertently quoted Gary Miller's
query about Nylon and firearms (also in 17:2) and I failed to notice
the error.

In Conservation DistList Instance: 17:6 Thursday, June 26, 2003,
David Harvey <top10denverdave [at] aol__com> responded to Gregor's posting
which in fact, dealt with "Shelving and earthquakes", not "Nylon and
firearms" as labelled. So while Dave's response warning against
storing metals and firearms with rubber compound is apt, it may have
confused some people and I do apologize for this. The headings and
quotes will be quietly corrected in the archives.

                   Distributed: Friday, June 27, 2003