Subject: Storing movie props

Storing movie props

From: Craig Jensen <craig>
Date: Tuesday, June 24, 2003
I'm looking for anyone who has dealt with or has information about
building housings for large movie props. In this case a dead body
dummy. I have looked at casket builders and mortuary web sites and
have found information about corrugated cremation boxes, but I
suspect that they are constructed of high lignin corrugated board
material (since permanence isn't a critical factor).

One idea I have had is to buy a cremation box, since they cost less
than $100, and use that as a model for constructing an acid free
corrugated box, in which case I would need a source for very large
acid free corrugated sheet material. Any ideas or pointers?

Craig Jensen
BookLab II
1724 McCarty Lane
San Marcos, Texas 78666