Subject: Sea Gel

Sea Gel

From: Jack C. Thompson <tcl>
Date: Friday, June 20, 2003
Berenice Humphreys <bc.humphreys [at] virgin__net> writes

>I was wondering if anyone had any experience of using Sea Gel, a
>product created to replace Isinglass which is no longer produced in
>the UK due to Sturgeon being an endangered species.

I cannot speak to Sea Gel, but the swim sounds of catfish make
perfectly acceptable Isinglass.

Caveat: I am speaking of native/wild catfish, not 'farm' catfish;
the feeding and medication of catfish raised quickly for market may
produce undesirable qualities in their collagen structure.

Jack
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217