Subject: Nylon and firearms

Nylon and firearms

From: Gary Miller <garym>
Date: Tuesday, June 17, 2003
We are planning a firearms display and wondering about using a 100%
nylon material as a back drop. A large amount of this material has
been given to the institution. It is a dyed material that would
visually look very nice as a back drop to the display. All the
firearms have been recently cleaned using gun oil and would lay
directly on this material. Should we consider using the nylon?

Gary Miller
Deputy Collections Manager
Buffalo Bill Historical Center
720 Sheridan Ave.